Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Three Conversations

On humility:

Elder son: I like playgroups with girls. I really prefer girls to boys, actually.
Younger son: I like grills too! I perfer grills better than boys!
Elder son: Girls are cuter.
Younger son: Yes, they is cuter. Grills is nice!
Elder son: But my brother and I are the cutest persons of anyone on the whole planet.

On the nature of being:

Elder son: Mommy, can we ever go visit another planet?
Mother: Other planets are far away, and we don't know if there is one that supports life like ours, etc.
Younger son: Mein raisins!
Elder son: Did specks of dust float from a different planet to our planet? Is that where we came from?
Mother: Whoa...that's deep!
Younger son: MEIN RAISINS IS STUCK TOGETHER!
Elder son: But mommy, how did people come to life on this planet?
Younger son: MEIN RAISINNNNNSSS IS STUCK TOGETHER!
Elder son: Be silent! We heard all your talk the first time! Mommy and I are having a conversation!

On love:

Radio song: "Don't steal my heart and throw it away..."
Younger son: Dat's mean! Stealing hearts is MEAN!
Radio song: "...leave me drowning in my tears..."
Elder son: Hey! That's a real goofball thing to say!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pony!

Those boys are pure gold.

And the Elder has just posited the latest theory in the development of life on earth--is he reading Science on a monthly basis?

Cheers!
Old NH